LI Guofang 李国芳
Internationally Recoganized Chinese Acedemic Oil Painter
Contemporary Ink Experimentation Artist
• LI Guofang, as an expatriated artist in Europe, has gained international fame on Chinese acedemic figurative oil painting since early 2000s.
• Since the last few years, he returned to China and became one of the impressive contempoary ink painter experimenting various new forms, colors, and expressions to embrace Expressionism, Abstract and Conceptual art, while retaining a foothold on the traditional subject matter and his continous thoughts across the globe. The artist is able to internalize broad social and cultural issues in his works and he created an unique contemporary ink art style of his own through his engagement with the domestic and global spheres. At the same time, his works are full of the flowing lines and charm of poetry from the East, and the vivid and powerful appeal from the West.
• Both classical and contemporary arts of LI Guofang are very popular and constantly exhibting in Amsterdam, Brussels, Berlin, New York, Miami, Shanghai and Beijing. His work is mainly collecting by musems, art foundations and art charity organizations especially in Holland, France, Swiztherland, Germany, USA and China.
Expatriate Artist Established Success in the USA, Germany & Holland
Returned to Shanghai for Exploring New Chinese Art
Born in 1961 in China
1987: Bachelor degree of Oil Painting, Hubei Academy of Fine Arts, China
2000: Postgraduate degree, China Central Academy of Fine Arts, China
2004: Invited scholar visitor for the research of “Oriental Aesthetics and Modern Reconstruction of Painting”, in the Central Academy of Fine Arts and Florence Academy of Fine Arts, Florence, Italy
2006: Being representative artist in a gallery in Berlin, Germany
2009: Living and being representative artist a gallery in Amsterdam, Holland
2009- 2017: Exhibitions in Art Fairs, galleries expositions and art events around Europe
2017: Returned to Shanghai, opened own art studio in M50. He is also an active art curator organizing national exhibitions and art cultural events of well-known Chinese artists in China
• Until today: A dozens of international galleries in the USA, Europe adn Asia constantly represent his artworks for gallery exhibitions and art fairs, in main cities like New York, Miami, Amsterdam, Berlin, London, Brussels, Shanghai, Beijing etc.
• Art Thema HéYī is the exclusive gallery in Belgium representing permanently.
Our major exhibitions in 2021:
2021: "Blooming" group exhibition, Art Thema Héyī Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2021: Art Up Lille, Lille, France
2021: "Timeless", group exhibition, Art Thema Héyī Gallery, Brussels, Belgium
2021: "Art Exhibition for the Hommage of René Julien", Ramatuelle, France
and to be continued,...
Double Happiness 双喜临门 , 2021
Footprints 脚印, 2020
Highly, Clearly 高远清澈, 2021
New Chinese Mountains 新中国山水, 2021
Peach Blossom Shore 桃花岸, 2019
Rain 雨, 2019
Spring Flower 春天的繁花, 2020
Spring Mountains 春天的山, 2020
The Rest and Rain - 3 -余与雨 - 3, 2019
The Rest and the Rain - 1 余与雨 - 1, 2019
Trace of Autumn 秋天的印记, 2019
Untitled 无题, 2019