An Unique Wall Art
A Dreamland between Reality and Fantacy
1977 - Born in Quimper, France
1999 - Master of Fine Arts in Rennes, France
2000-2007 - Works as set designer in Paris for multiple TV shows, advertisings and movies
2004 - Starts to work as artist, and today an internationally known artist of Fragmentation of his unique style, who has regular exhibitions and success in the USA, France and HongKong...
• It was in Thailand that Rod experimented with the art of "Fragmentation", into creation of an unique wall installation from nature, resin and light. In constant search of living and dead substances, Rod practices coming together to weave stories through his spectacular installations. His wall sculptures take on the appearance of sometimes dense, sometimes minimalist patchworks, leaving neither the eye nor the heart indifferent.
• In armament, a cluster bomb is an aerial bomb of simple design that explodes before reaching its target, scattering thousands of shrapnel that spread in random or precise directions, depending on the wanted effect. In Art, the sharp manipulator of this bomb is ROD.
• The process of Fragmentation gives ROD many possibilities to create, taking into consideration art, wall architecture, resin art, design, photography, mixed-media and painting without limit. It is a photographical, graphic, conceptual and intellectual work based on a very simple process. ROD captures, fragments then mixes and gathers several powerful images to recompose a pixilated, structured and excessive whole that invades and takes over the space as well as the mesmerized spectator.
• The artist meticulously cut plates of plexi imprinted with photographies into thousands of small cubes that he spreads according to a random or methodical logic belonging to subterfuge, thus recomposed a powerful pixilated, structured and excessive whole "bomb" that invades and takes over the space as well as the mesmerized spectator.
BUTTERFLY EFFECTS*** LAST CHANCE IN GALLERY ***
Butterfly Effect #1Butterfly Effect #1, 2021 Mixed media, wall installation
Real butterflies from Thailand, vegetation, resin, wood, acrylic painting
120 x 120 x 39 cm
47 1/4 x 47 1/4 x 15 3/8 in
A THOUSAND EMOTIONS
• Every piece resounds like a blast. Guts spread over the canvas. Life projected. A thousand emotions propelled into a multilayer picture, striking and powerful. A concentration of absolute. Here a golden land tells its own story with a different image from Thailand, along with real butterflies, branches and flowers, for a unique memory from Asia.
• Every piece asserts itself in a unique style, daring, without restraint and beyond the norm. For ROD nothing shall hinder nor betray the message and values he imbeds in all of his pictures, each one a sequence of a sincere statement of faith.
• Although his creations, in their overwhelming presence intrigue by their size as much as by their meaning, ROD is not trying to convince. Thus, the spectator’s eye remains free. “Just like the artist”.
Light Art Innovation
600m Optical Fibers ...
BLOSSOM #2Blossom #2, 2021 Mixed media, wall installation
600m2 optic fiber light, resin, tissu, wood, acrylic painting
120 x 120 x 46 cm
47 1/4 x 47 1/4 x 18 1/8 in
Art Thema HéYī*** Exclusive Gallery of ROD in Belgium | Worldwide Shipment ***