• 1949: Born in Cannes, France
• 1966: First steps on wood sculpture with Almela, a sculptor of Spanish origin.
At the same time, he studied the Beaux-Arts in Nîmes.
• 1968: At 19 year's old, 1st exhibition at the Town Hall of Arles, France.
• 1968 - 1984: During 17 years, he developed an original technique that freed him from the constraints inherent in wood, stone and plaster sculpture.
• 1985: It is bronze becoming his favorite material, which will allow him to perpetuate research in his quest to obtain ever more independence from matter.
Over 50 years Jean-Pierre Baldini made nearly 300 bronze sculptures in themes of 25 series every 2-3 years that mark the strong personality of this artist.
ART THEMA HÉYĪ, as exclusive gallery since 40 years in Brussels, Belgium, we're pleased to present the latest creations of Jean-Pierre Baldini in exhibition "A Moment of Life" :
THE 7 LATEST SERIES:
- 2022: “Writing”
- 2016: “Fracture”
- 2015: “Shadow”
- 2012: “Trace”
- 2011: “Feather”
- 2010: “Mobilis”
"A sculpture must be a language...
A language understood by everyone.
A sculptor must be silent....
and you make me talk, a most beautiful order:
Talking about Freedom..."
The Muses from Mediterranean
Solo Exhibition in Arles, FranceClôtre Saint Trophime
A Moment of LifeInto an eternal beauty...
• This land in the south of the Mediterranean, where the roughness of the stone mixed with a scent of hot earth are captivating, inspired the hand of the sculptor Jean-Pierre Baldini.
• Day after day, with application and perseverance, Jean-Pierre Baldini modelled, kneaded, this material so noble, chiselled it so that it becomes this elegance, this lightness, this balance ... Jean-Pierre Baldini posed them, they have become his muses. Bathed throughout his life by this generous obsession with eternal beauty, the artist loses us in a fundamental reflection with strength and commitment by leading us to dream in this so sensual universe. In tireless search of the mystery of femininity, Jean-Pierre Baldini broadened his field of creation and found a diversity of philosophical meaning in the different approaches to life.
• In an enchanting journey, made of shapes, movements and grace, the reality of a moment gives way to a beautiful and unique dream which invite us by Jean-Pierre Baldini. Behind the unusual or even surprising style, we feel in the heart this artist who masters and declines, with great generosity, sensitivity and passion, his space of freedom.
• The messages pass, subliminal or not, and do not leave us indifferent. Touched to the heart by these clean lines, this grace of the curve in a movement of life of a contemporaneity which leads to asking existential questions, makes us want to discover the continuation of this path of life of such artistic intensity.
Monumental Realizations & International Collections
Monumental SculpturesIn Europe
Prestigious places have welcomed his work: the UN in Geneva, the Château de Biron, the Senate in Paris, Saint Martin de Boschervillem, the Athenaeum Palace in Geneva... The recognition of his peers and the public is attested by multiple institutional orders, numerous national and international exhibitions. He is present in several private collections of great reputation. To this day, the quest continues...
• Monumental Realizations & Cultural Projects :
1987: Winner of the National Sculpture Competition of the Paul Ricard Foundation,
Creation of a fountain for the City of Arles
1989: Guest of honor at the Salon de Douai
1990: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture of“Étoile sur Rhône”, France
1991: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture for the city of Montpellier, France
1992: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture for the city of Rognac, France
1995: Installation of a monumental sculpture in Louvain, Belgium
1996: Creation of a monumental bronze sculpture for Maubeuge, France
2001: Creation of Convergence B association for the promotion of Baldini's work
2002: Creation of the Baldini trophy awarded each year to lauréate Supinfocom
2006: Creation of a monumental sculpture for the city of Franqueville St Pierre, France
Creation of of a monumental sculpture for the foundation of l’Hôtel Négresco,
2009: Creation of a bronze sculpture on the theme of donation for the foundation of S.A.R. Princesse Margarita de Roumanie, Roumania
2013: Guest of honor at Salon de Port de Bouc, le Puy en Velay, France
2014: Publication of the book “TRACE”
New "Wave" Realization***Light Art Sculpture***
"La Vague / The Wave"New Concept Realization
CineformsA New Technique For An Artistic IntentionFor a very long time, I have wanted to work on the theme of "The Wave".To do this, the principle of Cineforms by its infinite possibilities turns out to be the most relevant technique.The Wave is here the symbol of the relationship of man with nature, its beauty and the emotion it inspires in us are directly induced by the physical laws that animate it.Mass of matter animated by the energy accumulated then released where tensions and surges punctuate the sequences in perpetual renewal. We are spectators sensitive to these telluric forces that connect us to the original world. Like Hokusai, many artists have tackled this theme. Theme that I can approach with the techniques of sculpture known from time immemorial but here, today, enriched by the possibilities offered by 21st century technologies.- Jean Pierre Baldini
25 series since 50 years
A New Theme Every 2 Years
Jean-Pierre Baldini creates limited series with each time a specific theme mainly inspired from nature, like like "Air", "Earth", "Feather", "Trace". Each of these periods are identified by an original conceptual argument which inevitably influences the form without however prohibiting a minimum of continuity.
From Baldini: The Story of Each Series
"And There Was Writing..."
2021 - 2022: THE NEW SERIESIn the beginning was the word...And the word took form. Just as sculpture translates the fleetingness of an emotion into volume...
"Reflection / Reflet"
2021 Series: Mirror, Mirror, Who am I ?
"The theme of reflection, abundantly treated in painting, especially during the Renaissance,
has largely remained foreign to sculpture.
If the principle has long been acquired by me,
it was only recently that I was able to concretize it in bronze and this in part thanks to scanning and 3D printing techniques.
Here is the passage from the intention in plaster to the realization in bronze.…"
2016 Series : The Stone
A character is confronted with a “landscape” treated in a hyper-realistic way.
On a broken wall, a shattered rock, or a plank that breaks, the character comes to rest and interacts with the environment. The atmosphere of this landscape and the attitude of the characters are the basis of the particularity of these sculptures.
2012 Series : Secret Trace Under SculptureBronze + Serigraphy printed under sculpture
"Trace" is one of his latest series produced in his studio in Arles.
These works of Jean-Pierre Baldini led us to draw a parallel with the work produced in the caves of Lascaux.
Surprising, captivating, enigmatic, all of the artist's creativity is refocused in these eight two-faced sculptures where the part of the invisible seems like a game of the unspoken. The primary drawing, simple, carried out with finesse, is transformed into several complex actions where one passes from the 2 dimension to the 3 dimension involving several materials, earth, plaster, bronze, to finally return to the origin. the timelessness of the transmission of knowledge by imprint, giving meaning to our humanity, is revealed by this work.
"Shadow / Ombre"
2015 Series : Isn't the Shadow a Trace?
Naturally ephemeral and immaterial.
Baldini masters here this flattening of the signifier of his characters and brings a nuance to the reading of the sculpture.
Jean-Pierre BALDINIOmbre / Shadow bronze
24 x 36 x 36 cm
9 1/2 x 14 1/8 x 14 1/8 in
Edition 8 plus 4 artist's proofs
"Feather / Plume"
2011 Series: Feather
Imagine a feather planted in a soap bubble…
This is what Baldini wants us to feel.
Made of bronze, the feather touches a glass bubble.
Even a little more lightness!
By using the aesthetic and mechanical qualities of different frosted resins,
Baldini offers another look at this theme.
Jean-Pierre BALDINIPlume I bronze + glass
58 x 20 x 20 cm
11 1/8 x 8 5/8 x 9 7/8 in
Edition 8 plus 4 artist's proofs
2010 Series: Mobility in Suspension
On the strength of the principle implemented previously,
Baldini retains the mobility of these sculptures while introducing a pendular element.
This reference of verticality,
becomes a setback to the oscillatory movement of the sculpture.
ART THEMA HÉYĪNº1 & EXCLUSIVE GALLERY OF JEAN-PIERRE BALDINI IN BRUSSELS